FabNewport is a 501(c)3 non-profit whose mission is to inspire the maker in all of us. Our vision is all students will have the skills, confidence and commitment to positively impact their communities and make their lives.
We teach middle and high school youth in Newport and Providence how to code, sew, design in 2D and 3D, prototype and run machines. Our school-based and afterschool programs serve about 1,000 students in Newport and Providence on a weekly basis. Our programs are designed so students can work with us for multiple years.
The ultimate outcome of our work is a growth in student agency, identity and competencies.
- $25 – STARTER (Cost of materials for two days of activities in one PVD library)
- $50 – CREATOR (Cost of home-based “activity bags” for 5 Providence students)
- $100 – MAKER (Cost for a new sewing machine)
- $250 – AGENT (Cost for one student to attend a week of Newport summer camp)
- $500 – DESIGNER (Cost of one Providence intern for 5 months)
- $1,000 – INNOVATOR (Cost for transportation and meals for 20 summer camp students)
- $2,500 – CATALYST (Cost to take 6 students sailing all summer)
- $5,000 – TRANSFORMER (Cost to support 3 Newport summer campers)
Help our organization by donating today! All donations go directly to making a difference for our cause.